Prenatal Paternity Testing
- Existing or occurring before birth: prenatal medical care.
Prenatal testing is usually not a good idea due to the potential harm to the mother and child. There are two ways to accomplish prenatal testing.
- Test amniotic cells for the child’s specimen. The mother’s OB/GYN can perform amniocentesis to extract amniotic fluid, which is then sent to a laboratory for testing. The amniocentesis presents medical risks to the mother and the child. You should discuss those risks with your doctor. Because of those risks, most doctors prefer not to perform an amniocentesis unless there are medical reasons requiring the procedure. If the mother is going to have amniocentesis for medical reasons, then there is no reason not to perform the paternity test. Otherwise, it is better to wait until the baby is born to perform the paternity test.
- Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS). This method of testing has significant risk (including birth defects) and should never be used for the sole purpose of paternity testing. If CVS is going to be performed for medical reasons then it can also be used for paternity testing.
If prenatal testing is required and ordered, the kit will include collection swabs for the mother’s and the alleged father’s sample. This price does not include the OB/GYN’s fees which are handled by you or your insurance company.
Procedure for ordering.
1. Order the type of paternity test below.
|Paternity Case||Mother, Child, Alleged Father||$280.00|
|Motherless Paternity||Child, Alleged Father Only||$280.00|
|3 Day Paternity STAT Test||Mother, Child, Alleged Father |
(mother not required)
|1 Day Paternity STAT Test||Mother, Child, Alleged Father |
(mother not required)
2. Select the type of special sample that you will be providing.
Type of Sample
Time period to be taken
Chorionic Villus Sampling
|Taken between 9 – 13 weeks gestation|| |
|Taken past 14 weeks gestation|| |
3. Check out
Both of these procedures are performed by an OB/GYN. Once we receive the CVS or amniotic cells, we immediately begin testing and results are express mailed to the tested parties in 2-3 weeks.